Friday, May 14, 2010

How do I remove wax from my dog's hair?

Somehow my dog spilled candle wax all over herself! It's the kind of wax that you put above a flame and it melts and smells great. It doesn鈥檛 get hard like normal candle wax. It鈥檚 more of a greasy feeling. Any ideas for how I can wash this out??How do I remove wax from my dog's hair?
Try just giving a bath and give special emphasis to the waxed area. A good soap should do it and comb/brush while in the tub. Rinse and repeat :)How do I remove wax from my dog's hair?
Ice cubes on the wax...may help it flake out ...otherwise you may have to cut it out.
Cut it out.
You're going to have to cut it out as best as you can. Then give her a bath and shampoo her 2-3 times to make sure all the grease is out.
I would just shave the dog if it is all over. Some chemicals can be absorbed through the skin. It is just best to get it off.
a brush and lots of Patience. use a mild soap first, and I've heard even lemon juice can help get rid of greasy wax on surfaces, but it wont hurt the dog too try. good luck
Call my crazy but maybe some baby powder? Just a suggestion. If you try it and it works, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment