Saturday, January 23, 2010

Does waxing really make arm hair grow back finer...?

Is this just a myth or does it really work? I am thinking about waxing my arms because I don't think applying chemicals onto my skin frequently to bleach my arms is a good idea.





I have long dark hair on my arms. I am fair skinned at the moment (usually tanned).





Please tell me, does the hair (after 1st time home waxing) gorw back worse than before (colour and thickness)?


Please know what you're talking about. I hate my hairy arms and also my stomach hair. Would home waxing be the best option? I was thinking about using Nair's resin formulated wax which you heat up, use a spatula to smooth it on the skin and the wax hardens and forms its own strip. The hair only has to be 2mm thick. I was also thinking about using those wax strips (no heating up etc). What should I use?Does waxing really make arm hair grow back finer...?
Hey buddy, I got my arm hair removed and since then it as came back way hairier and longer. Don't remove it unless you want to keep removing it.Does waxing really make arm hair grow back finer...?
Removing the hair encourages a blood supply to the skin which will initially 'feed' the hair more and make it grow back thicker and darker. However over time, as you are removing the hair from the root, it does go back finer. I suggest that if you really need to remove the hair anyway, just do it.
not sure about thinner but definately slower and if you do it for long enough the hair never grows back xxx
Well it's not going to happen after the 1st time and it does get thinner what happens is when you was hair off of your body you are ripping it from the follicle (the base from which hair grows), thereby damaging making it unable to grow anymore. So less hair grows back over time which can appear to look like its thinner, it's just not as much. Overtime (we are talking years here) the hair will stop growing all together as you would have damaged every follicle.
i think it makes it thicker atleast on my eyebrows anyways
Don't use the wax no heat strips! If u do don't press down too hard. My mom thought she would try it and it ripped her upper layer of skin off. I use the heat in the microwave stuff that forms its own strip. I like it. I do my eyebrows and my legs. I don't have to go to a salon and be embarrassed.

No comments:

Post a Comment