Saturday, January 23, 2010

I'm SCARED about waxing my lip hair help (veet wax strips)?

im 15 and i have a very noticable mustache. i've read that waxing is the best solution because it grows back slower and lighter. and after waxing over time i damages the roots which prevents the hair from growing back. but i also heard that it hurts like hell, i don't want to get it done proffesinally i want to buy these veet cold wax strips. i dont think there the best brand but there the only brand sold in my country, so can someone tell me how to use them....please...??I'm SCARED about waxing my lip hair help (veet wax strips)?
when you wax--------


when you apply the strip, make sure to really rub the strip with your finger and get it warm *body heat helps the wax melt better*


hold the skin taut before you rip, stretch your skin so that it is tight


rip the wax strips off in the opposite direction of the way the hair is growing


and after ripping each strip, hold the strip onto the skin where you just waxed and apply pressure for a few seconds *helps relieve sting*


its really not that bad, my eyes dont even well up anymore when im getting my lip waxed because im so used to it :)I'm SCARED about waxing my lip hair help (veet wax strips)?
they are awesome


i use them, i have VERY sensitive skin and they are ideal


i have to cut each on in half to use as they are quite long





i suggest you do the same


take the paper off, and apply the sticky side to one half of your top lip


smooth onto your skin and then take one corner(away from your nose at the edge of your lip)


hold the skin taught with your other hand, and peel in one swift movement towards your nose





your skin will feel a little numb and tingle for a moment or 2


do NOT put on any lotion etc, unless aloe vera gel as your pores are wide open at this point


your face may be red for a day or 2, so do it when you hva no where to go, until you see if it does go red
I have the same issue! And I have sensitive skin. I finally found the best solution. These pads called smooth away work great. Smooth away comes in a package with different sized pads to use on different parts of your body. It works great for my mustache and there is no pain involved!! I only need to use it about once every few weeks.


I have used veet before and it makes me break out.


Hope this helps, good luck!


Becca
Just put it and release it. Before that, put some cream so that the pain would lessen. Don't over do it so that it won't irritate. Relax and don't think about the pain. Pains are normal, they will just vanish afterwards.
maybe you might want to try threading, or tweezing instead.


and veet sucks, ive tried it before and it doesnt work at all.
Just wax, that mustache doesn't sound too pretty...
If you read the backs of the box it should suggest how to use the wax strips effectively. I use Veet wax strips on my legs and if we are talking about the same ones they come in rather large strips, i would suggest you cut them before using (so they are smaller and easier to use). The ones i have say to rub the outsides of the strips, this heats up the wax and makes it easier to pull them apart, apply the strip and pull in the oppsite direction to hair growth, i.e. toward the root of the hair.


I would say that getting it proffessionally done is definately more effective and less painful as you don't need to pull the strip yourself, also beuticians are trained and have experience. Although waxing is effective, you should look into laser hair removal, it is ALOT more effective and lasts for a long time, it also prevents the re growth of hair and hair grows back much finer, appointments only need to be made every few months and although it is costly, it would actually end up being cheaper than reguarly buying wax strips.
  • topical cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment